Janice Nielsen Hendrix, LCSW, CFLE
Licensed Clinical Social Work
Certified Family Life Educator
|Email:||Click here to email|
|Wednesdays:||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Thursdays:||11 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Fridays:||8 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
Additional office hours available upon request
Additional office hours coming 2018
Session Fee: $125.00/hr
Payment Method: Cash / Credit or Debit Card / Bishop Pay
Specialties and Services
- Marriage Counseling
- Healthy Sexuality/Sex and Intimacy Issues
- Pornography Issues
- Anxiety and Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Parent Education and Support
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Lifespan Integration (LI)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Solution Focused
- Attachment Focused
- Master’s Degree Social Work
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker(LCSW)
- Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE)
- Additional trainings/certifications in CBT, LI, EFT, Gottman, Pornography/Sexual Issues.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker Janice N. Hendrix counsels with individuals, couples, and families using the foundation of her counseling, the mantras:
1) You can’t change something you don’t acknowledge
2) You can’t hit a target if you don’t know where it is
Janice strives to create a safe, confidential environment in which to aide in the process of change.
As a Certified Family Life Educator, Janice is also actively engaged in providing education as an adjunct professor at Utah Valley University (UVU) in Orem, Utah. She teaches Thanatology (The Study of Death and Dying), Contemporary Families, and Parent-Child Relations. She has also presented at various conferences, trainings, workshops, and firesides. Janice has made frequent guest appearances on TV discussing and addressing various mental health and family issues.
Clients have referred to Janice as an “onion peeler” because of her innate ability to get to the root of the problem and start the healing process. She believes in change – and giving hope to the hopeless. Janice understands that coming to therapy takes courage and appreciates the opportunity to work with you.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Externship/Advanced Training – Emotion Focused Therapy
- Advanced Training – Lifespan Integration
- Master’s Degree in Social Work – Brigham Young University (BYU)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Science – Family Studies – Utah Valley University (UVU)
- Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) – National Council on Family Relations (NCFR)
- Additional trainings/certifications in CBT, Gottman, Pornography/Sexual Issues
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) – Clinical Member
- Member of National Counsel on Family Relations (NCFR) – Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE)
- Association of Mormon Counselors and Psychotherapists (AMCAP) – Member
I believe in change. My goal is to give you hope when life appears hopeless. I work with a wide variety of relationship and mental health issues. I believe that attachment and our need for love is critical during every phase of life. I also feel that mental health problems, relationship issues and addictions arise when we bury our true feelings. Change can be scary and fear of the unknown causes us to cling to what we know. I am here to help you to face your fears, make a plan, and move forward toward a better way of life.
I work with individuals and couples dealing with pornography and sexual issues. I help clients understand how these issues can affect an individual personally and a couple relationally. This is an important healing process step. My goal is to implement a plan for individuals or couples based on their needs.